Notified Body for Pressure Equipment Directive (PED) certification
In order to get European Union (EU) market access, the EU Pressure Equipment Directive (PED) outlines standards for the design and fabrication of pressure equipment used in the EU market. Partnering with a trusted Notified Body that performs evaluation, certification and quality audits will streamline a cost efficient process that ultimately helps get you to market faster.
PED compliance for European approval of pressure equipment materials
The PED is European legislation covering the design, manufacturing and conformity assessment of pressure equipment and assemblies with a maximum allowable pressure greater than 0.5 bar or 7.25 pounds per square inch. The PED affects most pressure equipment and assembly manufacturers that want to gain market access in the European Economic Area (EEA).
How the Pressure Equipment Directive affects you
If you design or manufacture certain types of pressure equipment for the EEA market, you will need your equipment certified by a Notified Body. It is important to find an accredited and trusted industry partner with extensive global expertise in pressure equipment and assemblies to achieve certification. Additionally, speed to market is critical to compete in today’s modern world. Manufacturers need to innovate safely, mitigate risk and access global markets. You can rely on our expertise to help you cut through the complexity of the process, minimize compliance and regulatory delays, and do it with quicker turnaround time – accelerating your market access.
We have been notified for assessment and certification for the following:
Module A2 – Internal Production Control plus supervised product checks at random interval
- Module B(P) – EU-Type Examination (production type)
- Module B(D) – EU-Type Examination (design type)
- Module C2 – Conformity to type based on internal production control plus supervised product checks at random intervals
- Module D – Conformity to type based on quality assurance of the production process
- Module D1 – Quality assurance of the production process
- Module E – Conformity to type based on product quality assurance
- Module E1 – Conformity to type based on product quality assurance
- Module F – Conformity to type based on product verification
- Module G – Conformity based on unit verification
- Module H – Conformity based on full quality assurance
- Module H1 – Conformity based on full quality assurance plus design examination
As a recognized third-party organization, we can also provide evaluations and certification of permanent joining procedures and personnel as follows:
- Qualification of welding procedures for metallic materials
- Qualification of brazing procedures
- Qualification welders and welding operators
- Qualification of brazers and brazing operators
New to PED? Our industry experts are available to support your learning needs from personalized one-on-one meetings to larger virtual classroom training sessions. We can get your staff up to speed on PED, where and how it applies, and on the path to certification.