Safely and securely integrate instrument and control products
In this digital age, original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) are challenged with the increasing demand placed on them to integrate information technology with industrial controls, processes, monitoring and manufacturing. However, within the connected industrial environment, the risk of failure can be associated with risks to life, health and environmental damage. So, safely and securely integrating your instrument and control products into end products and systems is critical to help prevent potential hazards and reduce the risk to workers.
UL is dedicated to helping you navigate the complex technical and regulatory challenges of today’s ever-evolving and growing electronic-based landscape. With our extensive certification expertise and holistic approach to safety engineering, we look to collaborate with you to access global markets in a streamlined approach. Why choose us:
- Leading instrument and control manufacturers around the world choose us to help them assess and demonstrate the interoperability, functional safety, electromagnetic compatibility (EMC)/wireless and cybersecurity of their connected products, provide guidance on global regulatory requirements, and test and certify their products to the latest global standards.
- Our involvement in the IECEE CB Scheme helps provide cost- and time-savings for global market access. With extensive expertise navigating the complex world of industrial equipment, trust in us to serve as your independent third-party certifier or assessor for safety and compliance worldwide.
- The UL Mark is a well-recognized global symbol of safety and strengthens trust and confidence in all connected devices throughout the entire value chain.
Instrument and control equipment service overview
We offer certification and guidance on compliance requirements that cover a wide variety of standards for instrument and control products according to end-application needs.
In addition to certifying to U.S. and Canadian requirements, we can also offer informative reports and advisory services on various International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) standards in support of global market access.
Engaging with us early can help reduce cost in many aspects of compliance projects, or even projects not heading for a final certification by helping you navigate and understand the complex world of conformity assessment and the associated requirements.
Instrument and control equipment compliance services
- UL Certification Safety Mark for the U.S. and Canada
- Accuracy evaluation according to applicable standards such as American National Standards Institute (ANSI)/National Electrical Manufacturers Association (NEMA) C12.20 for energy monitoring equipment
- Hazardous Locations Certification Mark referenced in Equipment for Use in and Relating to Class I, II and III, Division 1 and 2 Hazardous Locations
- Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) testing services such as U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC)
- Cybersecurity Assurance Program certification to UL 2900-1, the Standard for Software Cybersecurity for Network-Connectable Products, Part 1, and UL 2900-2-1, the Standard for Software Cybersecurity for Network-Connectable Products, Part 2-1.
- UL Functional Safety Mark certification according to applicable standards
- CB Report with CB Certificate and International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) Test Report
- Type Test Certificate and Technical Document File
- EMC testing services
- Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) evaluation services
- Radio and wireless type approval for international markets
- Accuracy evaluation according to applicable standards, such as IEC 61557-12 for energy monitoring equipment
- Global Market Access certification services for specific markets, such as China, Russia, India and Brazil
- Cybersecurity certification to IEC 62443, International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 21001 or ISO 27001
- Functional Safety Assessment according to applicable standards, such as IEC 61508