ABCs of UL Cybersecurity
Managing and validating capabilities through cyber security assurance
The UL Cybersecurity Assurance Program (UL CAP) aims to minimize risks by creating standardized, testable criteria for assessing software vulnerabilities and weaknesses in embedded products and systems. This helps reduce exploitation, address known malware, enhance security controls, and expand security awareness.
UL CAP offers trusted third-party support with the ability to evaluate the security of network-connectable products and systems, as well as vendor processes for developing and maintaining products and systems with a security focus. The program allows manufacturers to concentrate on product innovation with emerging technologies and capabilities to meet the ongoing needs of the marketplace.
Based on the UL 2900 Series of Standards, UL CAP’s full suite of solutions is designed to help organizations manage their cybersecurity risks and validate their cybersecurity capabilities to the marketplace.
UL CAP's cyber security services
- Advisory – Customized programs to help companies with education support to navigate the vast landscape of cybersecurity best practices and standards, assess cybersecurity objectives and processes, qualify risk, and expand the internal knowledge base to address cybersecurity in product development.
- Testing – Penetration testing involves structured security assessments for discovering and exploiting software vulnerabilities with extensive hacking techniques – including embedded systems analysis and firmware evaluation.
- Certification – Certification to the UL 2900 Series of Standards is the highest recognition of cybersecurity due diligence and helps demonstrate that a product or system is secure to modern standards.
The UL 2900 Series of Standards was developed with input from major stakeholders representing government, academia and industry. Both UL CAP and the UL 2900 Series of Standards build upon our long-standing expertise in safety science, standards development, testing and certification.
Benefits of working with an independent and trusted third-party
By working with an independent trusted third party, UL CAP can help you:
- Increase confidence in product and system security
- Protect your brand
- Differentiate your products in the marketplace
- Mitigate risk
- Demonstrate commitment to cybersecurity safety
- Validate cybersecurity to end customers
Choosing UL Solutions for cyber security services
Benefits of working with us for cybersecurity include:
- Independent trusted third party
- Full life cycle solutions
- Industry knowledge
- Providing cybersecurity assurance
- Cybersecurity and safety
- Certification to standards
Built on a foundation of:
- A team of security analysts globally
- Extensive knowledge of best practices
- UL 2900 Series of Standards
UL Cybersecurity Assurance Program (CAP)