UL's global market access for lighting
Whether you are interested in testing or certification for safety, electromagnetic compatibility (EMC), performance, wireless, energy efficiency or sustainability, we can help you build a road map to the global marketplace.
Our experts will walk you through a checklist of what you need to prepare to enter new regional markets, from legal documentation to test reports and product information, diagrams, labeling requirements, and more.
- We provide customized solutions and combine access to the global market with personal, localized service from our engineering experts to improve your speed to market.
- Our experts can help streamline your acceptance into the global market and keep you up to date on the latest applicable requirements for IECEE (International Electrotechnical Commission System for Conformity Testing and Certification of Electrical and Electronic Components, Equipment and Products) CB Scheme, ENEC (European Norms Electrical Certification) Mark, NOM (Norma Oficial Mexicana) Mark, SASO (Saudi Standards, Metrology and Quality Organization) Mark and other major market requirements.
- UL can customize services to fit specific market access needs or deliver a turnkey solution.
- We can help you stay abreast of market entry requirements in the U.K. as a result of Brexit where the new UKCA mark is required and European Union (EU) harmonized standards dates of withdrawal.
- UL’s expertise extends to Latin and South American requirements, i.e., INMETRO, as well as specific Asia, Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) and MENA (Middle East and North Africa region) requirements.
Leverage UL’s regulatory knowledge as you explore new markets around the world. We offer complete solutions for regulatory compliance, performance testing and certification. Our Global Market Access Configurator maps out the necessary marks and certifications around the world by region and industry.
Browse Global Market Access offerings and maps, or keep scrolling for downloadable assets, on-demand webinars and recent news.
Global and local lighting services
We provide global compliance expertise with the convenience of local service. UL has accredited certification bodies and laboratories throughout North America, Latin America, Europe and Asia so you can work with UL experts close to you.
Whether you’re interested in one country or multiple markets, our global service package provides the complete compliance solution spanning the entire process. This streamlined approach means you can gain approval in multiple markets without the need for retesting or working with multiple organizations. As a complete service provider, we aim to deliver faster time-to-market with reduced cost.
For additional support, please visit Locations, and select the site and contact number convenient to your location.
Subscribe to our Global Market Access Regulatory News Update for the latest news from UL.