In this dynamic digital age and evolving industrial technology, the more information we have, the better we can manage and control the resources. For individuals, landlords or facilities managers, knowing, managing and controlling the amount of energy consumed in equipment or a building is a must for their bottom line. Additionally, facility meters used in commercial applications, office buildings, factories and residential applications give a more complete and accurate day-to-day, hour-by-hour indication of energy usage and are critical for cost savings.
We can review your product’s readiness to comply with the UL/CSA/IEC/EN 61010-1 and UL/CSA/IEC/EN 61010-2-30. We can develop a compliance strategy to help ensure your product’s global acceptability. Aligning our involvement as early as the design stage helps you identify any potential issues and avoid delays at the later stage of the certification process.
We continue to innovate and grow to meet the increasing demand for safety certification of utility and nonutility electric submeters, energy usage monitors, watt hour meters and smart meters. With wireless connectivity, expanded application for use in green technology, accuracy, Internet of Things (IoT) and cybersecurity that may be integrated with your device, we are at the forefront with solutions and services for your regulatory needs.
In collaboration with key industry stakeholders, we have changed the safety Standard used for energy usage monitoring systems for applications other than revenue metering from UL 916, the Standard for Energy Management Equipment, to UL 61010-1 and UL 61010-2-30. Energy usage monitoring equipment and its accessories can now be certified to both UL and the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) standards with a single evaluation, saving you time and costs.
We offer access to products such as energy-usage monitors, submetering equipment and watt-hour meters to markets such as:
- UL Certification Mark for the U.S. and Canada according to UL/CSA 61010-1 and UL/CSA 61010-2 30
- Accuracy evaluation according to applicable standards such as ANSI/NEMA C12.20
- Hazardous Locations Certification Mark referenced in Equipment for Use in and Relating to Class I, II and III, Division 1 and 2 Hazardous Locations
- Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) testing services such as Federal Communications Commission (FCC)
- Cybersecurity to UL 2900-1 and UL 2900-2-1
- CB Report with CB Certificate and IEC Test Report to IEC 61010-1 and IEC 61010-2-30
- Type Test Certificate and Technical Document File, or UL-EU Mark to be used for CE marking to EN 61010-1 and EN 61010-2-30
- EMC testing services
- Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) evaluation services
- Radio and wireless type approval for international markets
- Accuracy evaluation according to applicable standards such as IEC 61557-12
- Global Market Access services for specific markets such as Australia/New Zealand, China, Russia, India and Brazil
- Cybersecurity to IEC 62443, International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 21001 or ISO 27001
We are committed to helping customers bring their product to global markets quickly and efficiently.