Expand Globally with Certification for Motor Controllers and Related Control Circuit Devices
In the fast-paced and ever-developing market of power conversion equipment, staying ahead of the competition is key. Motor controls are critical in the development and implementation of industrial control equipment, such as factory automation and robotics as well as other applications such as printing presses, photovoltaic equipment, mining and turbines for windmills. With increased demand for specific motor-drive applications as well as global market access, sourcing an independent third-party for regulatory requirements is critical in meeting target release dates as well as budgetary targets.
We can help your company access new markets, reduce commissioning times, and differentiate your products in the marketplace. With our technical knowledge we can provide global certification with one test that will allow you a single investigation that provides certification to UL 61800-5-1, CSA C22.2 No 274 and a CB Certificate to IEC 61800-5-1, helping you reduce costs and time to market.
Promoting global acceptance of electrical motor control equipment
Medium voltage, standby and portable controller usage in industrial or manufacturing markets such as wastewater, ventilation, pumping, mining, oil and gas are just a few of the sectors UL serves. We evaluate products for new applications on a regular basis. The majority of evaluation services are required by local inspectors, while others are used for market differentiators.
We provide you with access to a global network of technical experts who understand local, regional and national requirements and that serves as a trustworthy source for your testing, verification, certification and compliance needs for power and controls.
Provided by our industry experts, our services promote acceptance of motor control equipment throughout the world. Services include certification, test reports, import and export requirements and on-site inspection or Verification. Our local staff has in-depth knowledge of local requirements and, in many cases, participate in the process for development of local codes and acceptance criteria.
Through code interpretation we help move projects along quickly and reduce commissioning timelines. We also find solutions to the most challenging acceptance situations. Many manufacturers, distributors and installers have reduced installation costs through our field evaluation and advisory services.
Global certification with one test
The alignment of requirements will allow you one investigation that provides certification to UL 61800-5-1. CSA C22.2 No 274 and CB certificate to IEC 61800-5-1, helping you reduce costs and time to market.
Additionally, we have expertise in Standards including:
- UL Certification Mark for the United States according to UL 508C and UL 61800-5-1
- UL Certification Mark for Canada according to CSA C22.2 No 274
- UL Functional Safety Mark according to applicable standards such as UL 61800-5-2
- UL Certification Mark for the United States according to UL 347A for medium voltage drives
- Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) testing services such as IEC 61800-3
- Hazardous Locations Certification Mark referenced in Equipment for Use in and Relating to Class I, II and III, Division 1 and 2 Hazardous Locations
- UL 50/UL 50E Type rating enclosure testing
- CB Certificate and International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) Test Report to IEC 61800-5-1
- Type Test Certificate and Technical Document File, or UL-EU Mark to be used for CE Marking to EN 61800-5-1
- EMC testing services such as IEC 61800-3
- Functional Safety Mark according to applicable standards such as IEC 61800-5-2
- Global Market Access services for specific markets such China, India and Brazil
- Laboratory services for any unique testing needs
- IEC 60529 IP Code testing services, type examination certificate and UL Classified Mark
- ATEX and IECEx certificates
- Type Examination Certification (TEC) for the Energy Efficiency according to IEC 61800-9-2
Expertise in electrical motor control categories
We provide services for the following electronic controls categories:
- Electronic Control Testing Services
- Energy Usage Monitoring System Certification Services
- Functional Safety Certification Services
- Programmable Logic Controllers and Process Control Equipment