Balanced & cost effective approach for low GWP flammable refrigerant certification
HazLoc expertise coupled with state-of-the-art laboratories helps facilitate faster turnaround time
Our global network of hazardous locations (HazLoc) technical experts and state-of-the-art laboratories helps manufacturers gain the compliance credentials they need to compete in a more complex global supply chain. We are one of the top issuers of global ATEX and IECEx certifications. This supports acceptance of your UL-issued certificates, test reports and quality audits for local country marks around the globe. We provide local service in a local time zone and language for faster speed to market.
Our HazLoc engineers can help customers demonstrate to the local jurisdictional authorities that products and services meet public and proprietary standards and specifications, government regulations and consumer expectations.
To help facilitate quicker turnaround time on projects for customers, our global HazLoc lab (located in North America – U.S.) has been designed with automation implemented. We have upgraded and added capabilities to new test stations that make this a truly state-of-the-art lab. You can additionally streamline your testing and certification needs with local hazardous locations laboratory testing facilities in Asia (Taiwan) and Europe (Denmark).
Hazloc expertise around the globe
We maintain a highly trained, local engineering staff with decades of hazardous locations experience across 12 countries on four continents, including:
- Asia: China, India, Japan, Korea, Singapore and Taiwan
- Europe: Denmark, Germany and the United Kingdom
- North America: Canada and the United States
- South America: Brazil
Hazardous Locations Video
The hazardous locations industry is continually challenged to design and produce safe, reliable, energy efficient and innovative products for use in potentially explosive atmospheres.
To help facilitate quicker turnaround time on projects for customers, our lab has been designed with automation implemented. We have upgraded and added capabilities to five new test stations that make this a truly state-of-the-art lab. Watch this video to see how we help our customers get to market faster.
Leverage our hazardous locations equipment testing and certification services
The hazardous locations industry is challenged to design and produce safe, reliable, energy-efficient and innovative products to be installed in potentially explosive atmospheres for the oil and gas, petrochemical, pharmaceutical, food, mining and transportation industries. In this competitive market, global expansion complicates this daunting task by requiring manufacturers to not only identify and understand global certification requirements but also to apply them to their innovations. To compete in today’s modern world, manufacturers need to innovate safely, mitigate risks, and access global markets. We can help in this journey as a leader in global hazardous locations and explosion protection certification, testing, inspection, and research.
Our comprehensive range of global HazLoc services includes:
- Equipment testing and certification, covering a range of needs from preliminary assessment to full certifications.
- Equipment repair facility service certifications, including the International Electrotechnical Commission Explosive (IECEx) and ATEX Certified Service Facility Scheme, the UL and C-UL Mark HazLoc motor rebuilder program, and other UL Mark repair facility service options.
- Field evaluations and investigations, including IECEx and ATEX Unit Verifications and North American limited production certification performed on-site at a customer facility or in the field.
- Data acceptance programs, enabling customers to utilize test data from their own or other test facilities for UL Solutions safety certifications.
HazLoc equipment testing details
- UL Solutions global accreditations and approvals
- Ex Notified Body (ExNB) under the European Union ATEX Directive
- Certification Organization (CO) under the Brazilian National Institute of Metrology, Standardization and Industrial Quality (INMETRO) regulations
- Ex Certification Body (ExCB) and Ex Testing Laboratory (ExTL) under the IECEx System
- U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory (NRTL)
- U.S. Coast Guard (USCG) Accepted Laboratory
- Canadian Accredited Certification Body (ACB)
- Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) Part 6 Independent Laboratory
Understanding that these accreditations and approvals cannot address all market needs, we are also expanding relationships with other hazardous locations testing and certification organizations throughout Asia, Australia, the Commonwealth of Independent States, Europe and Latin America. This combination of global hazardous locations engineering staff, laboratories and accreditations allows us to offer integrated test plans to assess and certify products to meet requirements for multiple countries concurrently under the Division and Zone classification systems.
- Testing and certification services areas of expertise
- Audio/visual (AV)
- Gas detectors
- Industrial control systems
- Industrial process controls
- Information Communications Technology (ICT)
- Intrinsic safety
- Plant oil extraction equipment
- Pressurized equipment
- Programmable logic controllers
- Signaling equipment
- Wearable technologies
- Wireless communication
Global Market Access for Custom-Built HazLoc Equipment
Expand into new hazardous locations markets for industrial control panels
Streamline key market access for the legal cannabis and cannabidiol (CBD) industry
Global Market Access for HazLoc Equipment Assemblies
Hazardous Locations Explosion Protection Services
HazLoc equipment incorporating location information functionality
- Hazardous Location (HazLoc) Certification for Global Market Access
- Hazardous Locations Advisory Services
- Hazardous Locations Training and Technical Education
- Functional Safety
- UL Cybersecurity Assurance Program (UL CAP)
- Wireless Device EMC Testing and Certification
- Marketing Claim Verification
- Data Acceptance Program (DAP)