Watch now: Introduction to intrinsic safety
Intrinsic safety is one of the key methods used to protect electrical equipment in hazardous locations, but understanding its nuances can be challenging. In this webinar, we discuss what intrinsic safety is, the types of equipment that use this protection concept, the global requirements and standards applied, and the fundamentals for making a device intrinsically safe.
June 28, 2023
Adams Sutanto, Senior Project Engineer of Energy and Industry Automation, UL Solutions
In this webinar, you will learn:
- The definition of intrinsic safety (IS)
- The different types of intrinsically safe equipment
- Standards and codes that apply to IS equipment
- Deviations between North American and international IS requirements
- The fundamentals of designing an intrinsically safe piece of equipment
THE CONTENT OF THIS WEBINAR IS FOR GENERAL INFORMATION PURPOSES ONLY AND IS NOT INTENDED TO CONVEY LEGAL OR OTHER PROFESSIONAL ADVICE.