Intrinsic safety is one of the key methods used to protect electrical equipment in hazardous locations, but understanding its nuances can be challenging. In this webinar we discuss what intrinsic safety is, the types of equipment that use this protection concept, the global requirements and standards applied, and the fundamentals for making a device intrinsically safe.
In this webinar, you will learn:
- The definition of intrinsic safety (IS)
- The different types of intrinsically safe equipment
- Standards and codes that apply to IS equipment
- Deviations between North American and international IS requirements
- The fundamentals of designing an intrinsically safe piece of equipment
David Malohn – staff engineer – Energy and Power Technologies division, UL
Introduction to Intrinsic Safety
Learn the fundamentals of making a HazLoc device intrinsically safe.