Leverage hazardous locations extensive expertise and real-world experience for technical education
The need for operational excellence and safety in oil and gas has never been greater. Achieving higher levels of safety and performance while simultaneously reducing resources can be challenging, and it’s the reason for an expanding knowledge gap. Leverage our extensive expertise and real-world experience of our hazardous locations engineers for technical education on the safety certification of equipment.
The result is best-in-class hazardous locations training and advisory services for equipment designers, certification engineers, plant designers, installers, and inspectors. Our technical training is a resource to help customers design compliant products without the need for extensive rework. In addition, we can help provide fundamental education to help address global HazLoc certifications and competency needs.
Technical education and training for HazLoc overview
Our technical training can be delivered remotely by live instructors, or face-to-face in public or private workshops in customer facilities and public venues around the world or at one of our local offices.
Whether personnel are new to the industry or have a seasoned level of experience, we have a broad range of technical experts to help with all training needs. UL is the center of technical excellence and provides highly rated training that is tailored to the needs of hazardous locations stakeholders.
UL participates in the IECEx System’s Recognized Training Provider Program (RTPP) and most of our courses can be provided under the program. Participants receive certificates of completion stating that the material was presented under the RTPP. These certificates can be used as credible records of training, for example to document that staff have received appropriate instruction as required under an ATEX or IECEx-certified quality management system.
We offer a variety of standardized hazardous locations training classes, as well as custom training on topics, such as:
- Basics of Global Hazardous Locations
- Global Market Access for Hazardous Locations – ATEX, IECEx, INMETRO, EAC
- Intrinsic Safety Design Fundamentals
- Introduction to Functional Safety
- UL 698A Panels Relating to Hazardous Locations (NRBX Program)
- Panels for Use in Hazardous Locations (NNNY Program)
- Rebuilt Motors and Generators for Hazardous Locations
- Luminaire and Luminaire Fittings for Hazardous Locations
UL can customize material for any Hazardous Locations topic, including:
- Designing Equipment for Division 2 and Zone 2 Hazardous Locations
- Implementing an ATEX/IECEx Quality Management System to ISO/IEC 80079-34
- Installing Hazardous Locations Equipment to NEC©, CEC, API, and EN/IEC 60079-14 Requirements
- Installing Intrinsically Safe and Nonincendive Field Circuit Systems
- Non-Electrical Equipment for Use in Hazardous Locations
IECEx Ex Facility Orientation Certificate
IECEx Certificate of Personnel Competence
- Ex001 (Basic Principles)
- Ex003 (Installation)
- Ex004 (Maintenance)
- Ex006 (Testing)
- Ex007 and Ex008 (Inspection)
If you don't see the training course topic you are interested in above, please contact us as we can customize a training course for you.
For Accelerated Global Market Access – Understand Your Hazloc Markings
UL’s expertise is here to help across all facets of the hazardous locations supply chain to help you prepare for successful installations, accelerated market access, and increased profits. This webinar covers HazLoc and Explosive Atmospheres markings, including North American Listings, ATEX and IECEx Certifications.