Our Commercial Furniture program was designed to test products that were specifically created for educational, health care and institutional settings. Our services include performance and durability testing, chemical and emission testing, flammability testing and UL GREENGUARD® Certification — all of which help demonstrate your compliance with General Services Administration (GSA) and other purchasing guidelines.
Our Commercial Furniture portfolio includes the following offerings:
- Business and Institutional Furniture Manufacturers Association (BIFMA) testing to ensure performance and durability
- Flammability Testing for mattresses, household furniture and public seating, including 16 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 1632 and 1633, Technical Bulletin (TB) 117 and TB 133
- GREENGUARD Certification to verify low chemical emissions from products and contribute to LEED points and U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Green Purchasing Guidelines
- UL Safety Certification for household and commercial furniture products
- California Proposition 65 Testing for products sold into California
We can provide detailed assessments to help detect variances and defects at critical checkpoints throughout your supply chain, from top-of-production (TOP) inspections and in-process quality checks (DU PRO) to packing and loading inspections. We can also help determine risk before production begins with factory capability and social compliance offerings, which are aimed at saving you time and money in the long run.
Did you know that 95 percent of all federal purchasing must be environmentally preferable? Fortunately, UL GREENGUARD Certification was recently named by the EPA as an approved ecolabel for government purchasers.
That means that once your products are GREENGUARD Certified, you’ll be able to sell to any government institution that you choose — giving you access to a whole new market of buyers.
UL has been a trusted testing resource for more than a century, so we can help guide you through the Commercial Furniture testing process — one step at a time. Our deep expertise in this area enables our dedicated furniture testing team to deliver exceptional, knowledge-based customer service that is unparalleled in the industry. You can trust that we’ll work closely with you to help ensure a smooth and efficient assessment of your processes and products and offer helpful guidance along the way.