Safety, security and reliability expertise for low and medium voltage distribution products
In the developed world, the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) is changing the generation, transmission and distribution of power and electricity. Two-way communication flow enables smarter and more efficient use of resources and gives more control to customers on how and when they use electricity. In the developing world, distributed energy resources (DER) and distributed generation (DG), often in the form of renewable energy are bringing reliable electricity to citizens for the first time.
The modernization of electricity distribution is exposing grid operators, regulators, suppliers and consumers to new opportunities and challenges. Transmission and power distribution product suppliers now need to meet a new set of IIoT related requirements, such as cybersecurity and interoperability. The influx of DER and renewable energy is increasing demand for proven technologies that can interconnect with the grid in a mutually beneficial way. The advent of data analytics and artificial intelligence is changing the way system operators and consumers are making critical decisions, often without human intervention. And smart power distribution devices are being adopted in smart homes and smart cities at an unprecedented rate.
Service overview for low and medium voltage distribution products
As our power distribution systems continue to evolve and innovate technically, the need for safety, security and reliability remains of utmost importance. We help ensure the delivery of safe, reliable and affordable electricity to a majority of the world with:
- Rigorous testing and evaluation processes that can help you better understand risk
- Services to manage and mitigate the impact of variable generation on grid operations
- Worldwide leadership in safety science, performance testing and certification of electrical products and components
- Technical expertise found around the globe, available when and where you need it most
- Broad knowledge of local and national standards and codes making us a valuable resource to regulators
- Accredited laboratories around the globe for component and system testing and certification Certification trusted by more consumers in North America than any other safety mark, empowering a commitment to safety for both manufacturers and regulators