January 24, 2019
In an effort to increase awareness about furniture safety risks and solutions to mitigate risks, UL shared its view on global furniture market dynamic and solutions in Vietnam. This topic relates to various stakeholders within the furniture industry, including furniture manufacturers, vendors, and building consultancy companies.
We discussed several challenges facing the furniture industry, including:
- The furniture industry must meet EPA Formaldehyde and CARB requirements
- Chemical regulations are increasingly global (REACH, TSCA, EPA)
Brand damage and fines for non-compliance
- Governments are investigating and punishing non-compliant products
- Brand owners risk fines and brand damage if they do not meet regulations
Safety and health impacts of products
- Product recalls are costly and can cause brand damage
- Consumers are concerned about the risk of chemical exposure from products
How can you avoid this?
Partner with UL to test and verify that your products meet furniture regulations and standards. Our services include:
- Safety testing, advisory and certification
- Mechanical testing, claims verification and certification
- Health and sustainability claims
- Furniture test equipment sales
For information on UL’s services for the Vietnam furniture industry and to learn about our local testing capabilities, contact [email protected].