UL's comprehensive on-site inspection program to determine compliance with NFPA 1911: Standard for Inspection, Maintenance, Testing, and Retirement of In-Service Automotive Emergency Vehicles, 2017 Edition Chapter 22- Performance Testing of Aerial Devices, includes:
- Nondestructive examination of all accessible structural weldments
- Visual inspection of hydraulic and mechanical components of the aerial device
- Torque verification of critical mounting bolts
- Visual and ultrasonic inspection of all critical mounting bolts, pins and hollow I-beam base rails
- Operational testing of the aerial device
- Load testing of the aerial device (free hanging weights - no pull down method)
- All waterway system tests
- Hydraulic oil analysis as required by NFPA 1911
A comprehensive report detailing the results of all items inspected and tested is provided to you. Nondestructive testing is performed by certified Level II NDT technicians as specified in the American Society of Nondestructive Testing (ASNT) CP189, Standard for Qualification and Certification of Nondestructive Personnel. This service is offered annually to determine if the equipment continues to meet NFPA standards.
- Quick turnaround time – Our vast network of knowledgeable experts helps you schedule your inspection at your convenience
- Affordable fee structure – Fees quoted include all travel and expenses. No surprise charges.
- Skilled auditors – Our team of technicians perform audits and inspections across a spectrum of industries. We can help your company meet all NFPA requirements.
We are an independent third-party testing organization and accredited by International Accreditation Services for inspection and testing systems on fire apparatus in accordance with ISO/IEC 17020, Requirements for the operation of various types of bodies performing inspection.