UL lighting testing and certification
For both simple and complex projects, partner with us for your lighting safety testing needs.
- As the most recognized lighting certifier in the U.S., and an issuer of IECEE CB Certificates worldwide, UL helps your customers identify high quality products and provides an important differentiator in a crowded market.
- The UL Mark has global recognition and acceptance with code authorities. In Europe we are authorized to certify to the EN standards and use the ENEC 15 Mark where we are the certifying body.
- Our extensive lighting technical knowledge comes from our engineers, who are committed to partnering with our customers throughout the project to explain the certification process.
- We help you bring innovative products to market fast, working with you to get ahead of potential safety issues and avoid late stage production problems that can result in recalls and returns.
- As lighting technology and systems grow in complexity, our knowledgeable engineering team is uniquely positioned to help you meet certification requirements.
Our services to the lighting industry extend beyond safety. We offer performance testing with UL Marketing Claim Verification and field evaluation services. Explore our limited production service program and other ways that UL has the flexibility you need to get the most from our services.
Lighting safety and certification process
UL’s comprehensive portfolio of lighting product safety certification services extends from lamps, luminaires and electric signs to lighting components and systems. We also offer safety testing and certification emerging lighting technologies such as ultraviolet germicidal lighting, photovoltaic lighting, horticultural lighting and connected lighting systems.
Whether you’re looking for certification to common standards or searching for solutions for new product types, we can meet your needs. We test to international standards for risk of fire, shock, biological hazards and more.
We can help you achieve streamlined access to the global market. As a member of the IEC System for Conformity Testing and Certification of Electrotechnical Equipment and Components (IECEE) CB Scheme, we may be able to eliminate the need for redundant testing with commonalities within the CB scheme. Our customer-centric approach focuses on conducting evaluations quickly and efficiently, helping meet your time to market needs.
Through active participation and leadership in industry standards technical panels and technical task groups, UL remains at the forefront of emerging lighting technology. Additionally, we remain engaged with industry associations and government agencies to ensure we stay informed of key developments that may impact our customers.
For additional support, please visit Locations, and select the site and contact number convenient to your location.