Testing seasonal lighting safety and energy-efficiency
We test decorative lighting products to ANSI/UL 588, the Standard for Safety of Seasonal Use Decorative-Lighting Products.
We offer a service bundle that includes ENERGY STAR® qualification, which is key to increasing product competitiveness in this market. In addition to improving product appeal and helping manufacturers market their energy-saving decorative lighting strings to the North American market, our integrated compliance solution adds value by offering both safety and energy-efficiency testing for decorative lighting strings in a single program that simplifies the application process and reduces administrative costs for manufacturers.
Additionally, this offering helps enable manufacturers to meet shipment deadlines through more effective integrated compliance assessment processes that allow them to have better control of the testing and certification work.
Seasonal lighting testing benefits
To help customers clearly differentiate their products in the marketplace, address counterfeit UL Marks or labels, and protect brand value, we introduced the Gold Hologram security label. This enables product traceability across the supply chain and gives customers the opportunity to instantly verify compliant products in the field, a feature that no other certification body offers.
Why UL Solutions for seasonal lighting testing
- Our compliance system helps ensure compliance and reduce liability and risk across the entire supply chain.
- UL Solutions’ Follow-up Services helps manufacturers gain a competitive edge based on quality, reputation and service, making it more difficult for manufacturers that produce counterfeit or inferior products to survive.
- Our long-standing history in certification and standards development makes us a trusted thought leader in the compliance arena. Stakeholders rely on us for research, knowledge and technical solutions to address safety issues and advise on new technologies.
- Comprehensive factory and market surveillance programs help ensure a more compliant supply chain and reduce the risk and costs associated with sub-standard and unsafe products. This work helps protect brand reputation and the integrity of the UL Mark.
- Our fully dedicated Global Security and Brand Protection team works with authorities and global customs agencies on anti-counterfeiting measures.
- The use of unique labels with security features sets us apart by establishing a unique identifier for customs, regulators, buyers, retailers and consumers.
- Some product categories have the option for an additional on-demand promotional opportunity to include a direct link to your company website, product page, brochure, data sheet or flyer through UL iQ™ databases.
- We offer global testing and certification solutions for acceptance in North America, Latin America, Europe, Middle East and Asia.
- We continue to evolve our capabilities and services to meet your increasing needs. Our goal is to help you rapidly develop and launch safer, superior products and meet the shifting requirements of a changing world.