Whether flying through the air, e.g., drones, crawling over ground, e.g., robots, or swimming on or underwater, e.g., saildrones, remotely or autonomously controlled vehicles have established their benefits in ordinary (unclassified) locations. These benefits include monitoring, exploration, protection and delivery. Now, the benefits of these unmanned vehicle systems are being recognized in hazardous (classified) locations. Learn about the progress and challenges associated with the use of these vehicles in explosive atmospheres.
In this webinar, Paul Kelly covers several topics related to general issues associated with drone applications and information specific to hazardous locations.
You will learn:
- The benefits of robots and drones and why you should use them
- The available types and functions of various drones
- Area classification for hazardous location applications
- Associated safety issues that need to be considered
- Certifications you may need based on your desired market
Paul Kelly – principal engineer – Energy and Power Technologies division, UL
Unmanned robots and drones in global hazardous locations
Gain insight on the benefits of unmanned vehicle systems in HazLoc.