Effective May14, 2020, the NOM-001 waiver at point of entry that allowed market access for many B2B products including small appliances, electronics, energy and power technology, WIFI and Bluetooth, will no longer be in effect unless Mexico postpones its implementation. These products will now have to meet the NOM-001 certification requirements before they are shipped to Mexico or they will be denied sale in Mexico.
This webinar will help you understand the latest status of NOM-001 and other regulations, as well as compliance certification options.
Learning objectives (or key points)
During this webinar, you will learn:
- About new regulations and standards that are coming soon
- How to get a gap analysis and/or updated documents
- The June 3, 2019 importation changes
- Insights on the regulatory landscape: safety, energy efficiency and wireless requirements
- The most recent updates and alternatives for consumer electronics to access the market
- How the pandemic may affect NOM-001-SCFI-2018 implementation and potential access solutions
José Junior, Operations Manager, UL
April 22, 2020
How to Meet Compliance for NOM-001 to Sell Products in Mexico
Watch the webinar to gain insight into the changes to the Mexico regulatory landscape and learn how UL can help you comply with these changes.