August 13, 2021
by Thuy Dang, senior regulatory specialist, Supply Chain division
On July 9, 2021, the Vietnam Ministry of Industry and Trade (MOIT) issued a draft Decree to amend several articles of the existing Decree No.113/2017/ND-CP. The draft has been published on the MOIT website for public feedback.
- The draft proposes several changes in the wording and scope of some exemptions, as follows:
- Radioactive and construction materials, inks and paint, adhesives or glues and cleaning products for household uses are added to the general exemptions of the Decree.
- Two exempted cases are introduced to accelerate the current application process of the Certificate for restricted or conditional industrial chemical production or trade:
- Diluting or mixing chemicals to form conditional or restricted industrial chemicals for the purpose of using and manufacturing other products
- Restricted or conditional industrial chemicals in mixtures at a concentration less than 0.1%
- Chemicals under mandatory declaration at a concentration less than 0.1% are exempted.
A list of special controlled substances for import is proposed. This includes dinitrogen oxide, cyanides and its compounds, as well as mercury and its compounds. The draft also includes chemicals to be added to the list of prohibited and restricted chemicals (Annex III and IV) in order to cover the updated list of the Chemical Weapons Convention, Rotterdam Convention and Stockholm Convention.
The MOIT recognized that the current classification table listed in Article 23 of Decree No. 113/2017/ND-CP, which was compiled and integrated from GHS revision 2 of 2007 to revision 7 of 2017, created confusion due to discrepancies among each version’s table. In the draft, the MOIT proposes to add Annex I with a classification table excerpted from GHS revision 2.
Please review the draft and submit any feedback to the MOIT via its website’s suggestion form.
References (in Vietnamese only)
Regulatory Roundup Newsletter
Never miss an update
UL, the global safety science leader, can keep you updated on the latest events with a variety of materials, ranging from the latest regulatory news, webinars, white papers, events, industry insights and more.
Subscribe to our monthly Regulatory Roundup Newsletter and stay up to date on current and upcoming regulations and all the latest chemical industry news.
Get connected with our sales team
Thanks for your interest in our products and services. Let's collect some information so we can connect you with the right person.