Leverage our retail market surveillance program
Product testing is beyond maintaining compliance and limiting liability; it showcases a commitment to delivering superior quality products to customers.
UL Solutions’ retail market surveillance program protects the integrity of the retailer and the brand by proactively surveying products on the market and investigating consumer complaints and incident reports.
Products are purchased from the marketplace (brick-and-mortar or online) and undergo quality and performance testing to determine if the merchandise meets expectations and requirements. This process helps assure quality is kept top-of-mind through the various stages of the retail supply chain.
UL Solutions offers a seamless, turn-key solution proven through decades of experience facilitating established programs for mass retailers. Retail market surveillance programs have a proven track record of focusing the entire supply chain on delivering higher-quality merchandise.
How retail market surveillance works
A retail market surveillance program is simple to get started and to operate.
|First the retailer or brand works with UL Solutions to determine what products and categories to investigate.
|Merchandise is acquired through our established and experienced network of pullers in the U.S.
|Pullers ship samples to the lab.
|Lab conducts testing based on the client’s specifications and issues an evaluation report.
|UL Solutions provides data-driven insights and analysis for failure rates, supplier performance and identifies target areas of concern and risk.
Benefits of a retail market surveillance program
- Confirm merchandise on the market aligns with retailer or brand’s quality and performance expectations and requirements.
- Stop the circulation of inferior quality products.
- Foster trust from consumers.
- Build consumer brand integrity and loyalty.
- “Checks and balances” throughout the supply chain to confirm that the merchandise shipped meets the quality expectations set-forth during the product development and buying process.
- Institution of performance-based supplier incentive programs.
- Evaluate the integrity of quality and performance testing programs.
- Improved DRR (defective return rate).
In the News - Regulatory Updates for Retail and Consumer Products
Consumer product regulations are evolving rapidly. Subscribe now and start receiving this monthly newsletter to stay on top of regulatory changes for your business and navigate compliance challenges.