The safety and performance requirements for end products starts by selecting the right materials in advance; materials that have already been tested and validated to meet the specifications and safety criteria required for the life of the end product. What happens when the properties of those plastic materials changes? How will that impact end-product performance?
In this series of webinars, UL’s plastics experts review and discuss how such changes can impact plastics performance properties to help you make better, more informed decisions in testing and selecting plastics for end-use applications.
Key topics include:
- Understanding the advantages of plastics preselection testing
- Critical plastics performance at elevated temperatures
- How changes in polymer formulations may affect end product performance
- Concentrates and acceptable modifications at the molder
- How to navigate material selection using our material databases
Kenneth R. Vessey, Jr., senior staff engineer and distinguished member of technical staff, UL
This series of webinars took place between August and December of 2020.
On-demand Webinar 1
Understanding the Advantages of Plastics Preselection Testing
August 26, 2020
On-demand Webinar 2
Critical Plastics Performance at Elevated Temperatures
September 9, 2020
UL Performance Matters
By subscribing to the Performance Matters e-Magazine, you‘ll receive the latest news about our performance, research and testing services, remain current on new standards and safety updates, learn about special events and more.