Advisory support for green building certifications
UL Solutions provides comprehensive support to our clients in their pursuit of building sustainability certifications. We work as an extension of our clients’ internal teams from project inception through certification submission, offering our expertise at every step.
With a proven track record of success, our advisory team employs an integrated approach that focuses on cost-effectiveness, reliability and the triple bottom line (people, profit and planet).
LEED certification services
As a recognized LEED Proven Provider, we offer turnkey LEED project management services from registration through award for owners, architects, construction managers, design-build teams; construction-only LEED management for general contractors; and can provide technical support for individual LEED prerequisites or credits.
Our LEED services include:
- LEED feasibility assessments
- LEED turnkey services — LEED Project Administration, LEED fundamental and Enhanced Commissioning, LEED energy modeling, and LEED v4 or 4.1 Option 2 IAQ testing before occupancy
- LEED project management services for:
- Building Design and Construction (BD+C)
- Interior Design and Construction (ID+C)
- Building Operations and Maintenance (EBO+M)
- Neighborhood Development (ND)
- Cities and Communities
- LEED EBO+M Recertification
- LEED Zero
- LEED Technical Credit Support – Life Cycle Analysis (LCA), IAQ Testing, Ventilation testing, Energy Audit, Retro-commissioning and Energy Modeling
BREEAM certification services
The Building Research Establishment Environmental Assessment Method (BREEAM) is an assessment and certification method available to existing or new buildings, infrastructure and master-planning projects that help validate the sustainability value of their assets. Certification of existing buildings with BREEAM In Use (BIU) helps investors and property owners maximize ROI through market value, attracting and retaining new tenants, and lower operating costs.
UL Solutions’ BREEAM services include:
- BIU Feasibility Assessments or BIU Gap Analysis
- BIU Project Management
- BIU Assessor Services
Comprehensive green building expertise
UL Solutions also has experience providing either project management or technical support for the following green building programs:
- Living Building Challenge (LBC) project management, net zero petal technical support and IAQ verification testing as required after occupancy and mid-year occupancy
- Collaborative for High Performance Schools (CHPS) project management
- Federal Guiding Principles Validation (GPV) project and documentation management for government
- Green Globes New Construction and Existing Buildings technical support
- CALGreen technical support, including Title 24 Commissioning
- IgCC technical support, including IgCC commissioning
Health and wellness certifications
Integrating health and wellness in buildings
Many building owners see value in developing buildings that are not only energy efficient but also focus on the health, well-being and productivity of their tenants. Our sustainability advisory team has the expertise and experience to help you achieve these improvements by guiding you through health and wellness certifications, such as WELL and FITWEL. We collaborate with building design teams to help them incorporate innovative health and wellness initiatives and provide operational efficiency recommendations to a building’s facilities team.
The WELL Building Standard
The WELL Building Standard, developed by the International WELL Building Institute, is a performance-based system for measuring, certifying, and monitoring health in the built environment. The health and wellness rating system for buildings measures impact of interior spaces through air, water, nourishment, light, fitness, comfort and mind. Our highly trained, WELL-accredited professionals provide a full suite of WELL advisory, feasibility, gap analysis and performance testing to help clients prepare for certification.
We understand the impact that buildings have on the health and wellness of inhabitants. When you partner with UL Solutions throughout the WELL Certification process, you draw on our years of experience in indoor air quality testing and indoor environmental quality assurance.
Our WELL services for both WELL v2 Whole Building and WELL v2 Core include:
- WELL feasibility assessments
- WELL project management
- WELL performance verification testing (PVT)
- WELL annual IAQ and water quality compliance
- WELL Health and Safety Rating Advisory
Fitwel is a building certification that supports healthier workplace environments to help improve occupant health and productivity.
Fitwel’s seven health impact categories:
- Impacts surrounding community health
- Reduces morbidity and absenteeism
- Support social equity for vulnerable populations
- Instills feelings of well-being
- Enhances access to healthy foods
- Promotes occupant safety
- Increases physical activity
Our Fitwel services include:
- Fitwel feasibility assessments
- Fitwel project management
- Fitwel annual IAQ and water quality compliance
- Fitwel Viral Response Module (VRM) Advisory
Fitwel Awarded UL Solutions with Two Best in Building Health and Two Top 20 Ambassadors Awards
Best in Building Health honors best-in-class companies and individuals leading the healthy building movement.