UL Solutions provides inverter certification and evaluation services for compliance with a wide range of local, national and international standards. The extent and scope of the testing are determined in part by whether the product is a standalone unit or intended for interconnection with a local utility. UL Solutions tests power inverters, converters and controllers to the requirements of all key international and local grid standards, including:
- UL 1741, the Standard for Inverters, Converters, Controllers and Interconnection System Equipment for Use With Distributed Energy Resources
- IEC 62109
- UL 62109
- IEEE 1547
UL Solutions has expanded its PV inverter testing capabilities in Asia, Europe and North America to provide broader global conformity assessment services, including safety, performance and EMC testing.
- PV Electronics Safety Standards – IEC 62109 based certifications with national differences and also most nation specific safety standards
- DC Arc-Fault Circuit protection – evaluated to UL 1699B, the Standard for Photovoltaic (PV) DC Arc-Fault Circuit Protection
- EMC Requirements – FCC, IEC, EN, CISPR, R&TTE and IEEE
- Performance Evaluations (efficiency and communications) – IEC, ISO, EN, ANSI, IEEE and local electric grid utility defined
- Utility Grid Interconnection Performance – extensive international coverage, global IEC, country specific as well as individual electric grid utility compliance
- Software/firmware – IEC and UL Solutions functional safety standards
- Inverter Training – certification, evaluation, testing and standards related training – national and international.