Hand sanitizers: the do's and don'ts
Expedite hand sanitizer production with our testing and verification services
Global regulatory requirements for producing and selling hand sanitizers and cleaning wipes are complex. Our science-backed testing and verification services can help expedite your production of hand sanitizers and cleaning wipes and avoid supply chain delays.
Meeting global requirements for hand sanitizers and cleaning wipes
- Alcohol content validation
- Safety Data Sheet (SDS) development
- FDA registration
- Labeling requirements
- Dossier review
- European Chemical Agency (ECHA) registration
To further assess the safety and integrity of your product, we also offer expanded testing to include microbiological evaluation of contaminants commonly found in hand sanitizers with less than 60% alcohol content such as E. Coli, Salmonella, yeast and mold.
Testing to hand sanitizer and cleaning wipe standards for verification and compliance
We take into consideration many regulations and standard entities, including the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), when conducting product testing and verification. We also offer quality assurance programs that evaluate your entire operation and can provide facility inspections and training.
Third-party inspections of consumer goods are critical in a global quality assurance program, and key to building consumer trust. As your independent partner, we help you verify the product meets specifications before release and shipment.
Our program is designed with consumers' and health care workers’ safety and well-being at the forefront. We remain committed to our mission to support public safety and health.
Why UL Solutions for hand sanitizer and cleaning wipe testing and verification
- We operate in more than 100 countries, and our reports and certifications are recognized and accepted around the world.
- We have helped to set more than 1,600 Standards defining safety, security, quality and sustainability.
- Our knowledge of global standards and regulatory requirements covers many markets and authorities including the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
In the News - Regulatory Updates for Retail and Consumer Products
Consumer product regulations are evolving rapidly. Subscribe now and start receiving this monthly newsletter to stay on top of regulatory changes for your business and navigate compliance challenges.
Get connected with our sales team
Thanks for your interest in our products and services. Let's collect some information so we can connect you with the right person.