Regulatory Requirements for Medical and Non-Medical Face Masks
Face mask regulatory requirements
Global guidelines for face mask testing may leave retailers, brands and manufacturers confused or unaware of the latest requirements. Our face mask testing services can help take the complexity out of your supply chain. With UL Solutions as your trusted partner, you can expedite production of these essential products to serve public health needs.
We provide solutions for three distinctive types of face masks:
- Surgical masks – medical masks with liquid barrier protection
- Nonsurgical masks – medical masks with no liquid barrier protection
- Nonmedical masks – masks for general public use
Our solutions range from product and packaging testing to assessments on labeling and flammability. We can also provide factory audits and inspections.
Benefits of face mask testing
When conducting product testing and verification, we consider many regulations and standard entities, including the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). We also offer quality assurance programs that evaluate your entire operation and can provide facility inspections and training. Consumer and health care workers’ safety and well-being are paramount to our program, and our mission to support public safety and health.
Third-party inspections of consumer goods are a key checkpoint in a global quality assurance program. They help ensure the product meets specification before release and shipment, and help build and maintain consumer trust.
Why UL Solutions for face mask testing
- We operate in more than 100 countries and our reports and certifications are recognized and accepted around the world.
- We have helped to set more than 1,600 Standards defining safety, security, quality and sustainability.
- Our knowledge of global standards and regulatory requirements covers many markets and authorities including the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.