The Carbon Disclosure Project, more commonly known as CDP, is a not-for-profit charity that runs the global disclosure system for investors, companies, cities, states and regions. This environmental reporting standard tracks the worldwide increase in CDP disclosures and includes one of the largest and most comprehensive datasets on corporate and city action environmental impacts.
Whether you’ve been asked to disclose through CDP by your customers and investors or if you are planning to disclose, are already in the process of disclosing or need assistance with CDP questionnaires, UL Solutions can help you realize the global value of an accurate CDP submission.
Providing information on your environmental impact, including climate change, supply chain, water security, forests and more, can benefit your organization by providing mandatory customer and investor requests that:
Help to improve stakeholder confidence
Strengthen requests for proposals (RFPs) with main buyers
Offer ESG risk reduction
Additionally, voluntary CDP disclosures can help:
- Peer and industry advancement
- Transparency to stakeholders
- Identify business opportunities
- Stay on top of evolving regulations
UL Solutions has a strong partnership with CDP as a gold-accredited solutions provider. An engagement with our team of experts provides valuable services and reviews of your CDP data, plus the identification of short-term and long-term enhancements that can help to improve your CDP disclosure.
How we can help
Offering an innovative approach to CDP disclosure review that benefits many businesses' ESG and sustainability programs, our CDP Advisory experts perform a comprehensive four-phase evaluation which includes:
1. Disclosure gap analysis
Identifies disclosure gaps where significant points are forfeited.
2. Disclosure completion analysis
Identifies deficiencies in existing disclosure where points are forfeited.
3. Disclosure structure analysis
Compares disclosure to higher-scoring companies to identify best-practices structures.
4. Disclosure enhancement report
Defines short-term enhancement for current disclosure and long-term enhancement for future disclosures.
Whether your organization needs help submitting CDP reporting for the first time or if you’ve already answered the CDP questionnaire, UL Solutions offers:
- Environmental, social and governance (ESG) terminology guidance
- Carbon calculation program development and ongoing support for improved CDP scores
- Data submission preparation guidance
- CDP guidelines assistance
- Sector-specific support
A UL Solutions CDP Advisory service report also includes:
- CDP score comparison report for peers, along with industry examples
- Disclosure of best practices for CDP or calculation for Scope 1 and 2 carbon emissions
- Recommendations to facilitate the CDP process and potentially improve scoring
- Direction on key indicators to report
- Guidance on calculations and methods to obtain all required data
*Disclaimer: Improved CDP score cannot be guaranteed. The customer is responsible for ensuring availability of data and stakeholders to align with CDP submission deadlines.