Amazon electronics sellers face monumental challenges: they must stay informed of and compliant with constantly changing global regulations and Amazon’s specifications regarding the safety, quality and sustainability of their products and packaging. To succeed, sellers must introduce innovative, compliant electronics products to the Amazon marketplace quickly while avoiding brand-damaging product recalls, returns and poor ratings and reviews. Working with a third-party testing , inspection and certification partner can help Amazon sellers understand and navigate regulatory and market access requirements.
As a global leader in applied safety science, UL Solutions offers Amazon sellers holistic testing, inspection, certification and global market access services throughout the electronic product lifecycle. We sit on 1,300+ standards panels and other technical committees, and we apply our deep technical expertise to help electronics sellers access in Amazon marketplaces.
UL Solutions testing, inspection and certification services for Amazon electronics sellers
Enlist UL Solutions as a strategic testing , inspection and certification partner you can trust. Leverage our strong relationships with Amazon and other major global retailers, our proximity to Amazon’s headquarters, and our broad range of testing capabilities — beyond specific retailers’ requirements — to avoid the mistakes, delays and extra costs incurred by testing with multiple testing laboratories. We provide our customers with consistent support through our digitally connected global network of testing laboratories — including our laboratories in the U.S. (Allentown, Pennsylvania), China (Guangzhou and Shanghai) and Italy — and led by a single point of contact with our dedicated program management team.
As a member of the Amazon Service Provider Network, UL Solutions offers Amazon sellers a wide range of services to help them navigate compliance requirements and simplify access to the Amazon platform. Our services include:
- Wireless device electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) testing – We can test to evaluate electromagnetic interference and assessing whether the device functions as intended in the presence of electromagnetic phenomena.
- Battery testing – We test and certify batteries — including lithium-ion battery cells and packs, chargers and adapters — to global standards.
- Energy efficiency testing – Our testing and certification services evaluate products to determine if they meet consumer demands and regulatory requirements. As a full-service Energy Star® partner, we can combine Energy Star evaluations with a range of other energy efficiency services to test and certify your products to a wide range of local, national and international standards.
- 5G testing – We can evaluate the safety, connectivity and performance of devices operating on sub-6 GHz and mmWave frequencies to global regulatory and industry requirements.
- REACH testing – Testing for compliance with Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH), which regulates chemicals used during the manufacturing of products.
- RoHS testing – Testing for compliance with Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) criteria regulating the use of hazardous substances used in electrical equipment and plastics.
- Packaging testing – We offer Amazon Packaging Support and Supplier (APASS) Network testing and certification services for Amazon’s Frustration-Free Packaging Programs. We can evaluate packaging for compliance with all requirements of the corresponding standards listed in Amazon’s Packaging Certification Guidelines and the appropriate International Safe Transit Association (ISTA) 6 test.
- Amazon’s Climate Pledge Friendly evaluation – A badge/categorization through which Amazon recognizes products with improvements in one or more aspects of sustainability and certified by one of Amazon’s own certifications (Compact by Design and Pre-Owned Certified) or external certifications (listed on Amazon’s Climate Pledge Friendly Certifications webpage).
- ECOLOGO® Certification — the UL Mark for multi-attribute, life cycle-based environmental certifications. ECOLOGO® certified products meet standards that can help reduce the environmental impact of at least one stage of the product’s life cycle.
- UL Marketing Claim Verification — An objective, science-based assessment that verifies the accuracy of marketing claims, which can help product manufacturers and sellers avoid greenwashing.
Why choose UL Solutions?
UL Solutions transforms safety, security and sustainability challenges into opportunities for customers in more than 100 countries. We offer testing, inspection and certification services, together with software products and advisory offerings, that support our customers’ product innovation and business growth.
We apply our deep technical expertise and industry knowledge to help electronics and appliance producers avoid critical risks throughout the entire product life cycle, streamlining your compliance and market access efforts while meeting platform and retailer requirements. To help empower electronics brands to access Amazon’s global marketplace, we have joined the Amazon Service Provider Network, a group of service providers trained and certified by Amazon to help sellers launch, manage and grow their businesses on Amazon.
As a testament to our strong relationships with global retailers, consider how we rate among retailers. UL Solutions has the highest exclusive preference among retailers: 66% of U.S. retailers express a preference for UL Solutions, and 43% of retailers indicate that UL Solutions is the only brand they look for. We are also the no. 1 issuer of CB Scheme Test Certificates.