The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has released a final rule entitled Food Labeling: Serving Sizes of Foods That Can Reasonably Be Consumed At One Eating Occasion; Dual-Column Labeling; Updating, Modifying, and Establishing Certain Reference Amounts Customarily Consumed; Serving Size for Breath Mints; and Technical Amendments.
This following items are addressed by the final rule, which is effective beginning July 26, 2016:
- Definition of a single-serving container
- Requirements for dual-column labeling for certain containers
- Update, modification, and establishment of reference amounts customarily consumed (RACCs)
- Amendments to the label serving size for breath mints
- Technical amendments to various aspects of the serving size regulations