The California Environmental Protection Agency’s (CalEPA) Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment (OEHHA) has issued several announcements under the Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986 commonly known as Proposition 65.
The announcements are:
- Announcement of Publication of Drinking Water Public Health Goals and Availability of Final Technical Support Document for: Carbofuran, Diquat, Endrin, Picloram, and Thiobencarb
- This announcement aims to update Public Health Goals (PHGs) for carbofuran, diquat, endrin, picloram, and thiobencarb in drinking water.
- The updated PHGs are 0.7 parts per billion (ppb) for carbofuran, 6 ppb for diquat, 0.3 ppb for endrin, 166 ppb for picloram, and 42 ppb for thiobencarb, all based on non-cancer effects.
- Final Technical Support Document on Updated Public Health Goal for Antimony in Drinking Water
- This announcement is specific to the updated Public Health Goals (PHGs) for antimony from 20 parts per billion (ppb) to 1 ppb.
- A PHG is the level of a drinking water contaminant at which adverse health effects are not expected to occur from a lifetime of exposure.