EUROPEAN UNION ̶ The European Union has published Commission Implementing Decision (EU) 2015/1320 for the withdrawal of certain standards from the Official Journal of the European Union (OJEU) for presumption of conformity with the General Product Safety Directive 2001/95/EC (GPSD).
Under THE GPSD, "a product is to be presumed safe… when it conforms to voluntary national standards transposing European standards."
The standards withdrawn include:
- EN 12586:1999 and EN 12586:1999/AC:2002 (Soother holders – Safety requirements)
- EN 1400 Parts 1-3: 2002 (Child use and care articles – Soothers for babies and young children):
- Part 1: General safety requirements and product information
- Part 2: Mechanical requirements and tests
- Part 3: Chemical requirements and tests
Withdrawal is in effect as of August 20, 2015.