The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) is currently reviewing the Standard for the Flammability (Open Flame) of Mattress Sets (Mattress Standard) as set forth in 16 CFR Part 1633.
The review will determine if the current standard should be continued without change, or should be rescinded, or amended, consistent with the stated objectives of applicable statutes to minimize any significant impact of the rules on a substantial number of small entities.
The review shall identify the following factors for its full evaluation:
- The continued need for the rule;
- The nature of complaints or comments received concerning the rule from the public;
- The complexity of the rule;
- The extent to which the rule overlaps, duplicates or conflicts with other Federal rules, and, to the extent feasible, with State and local governmental rules; and
- The length of time since the rule has been evaluated or the degree to which technology, economic conditions, or other factors have changed in the area affected by the rule.