Attend this unique conference dedicated to the practice of verification, validation & uncertainty quantification (VVUQ) in complex modelling and simulation from May 3 – 5, 2017, at the Westin Las Vegas Hotel, Las Vegas.
Connecting the Computational Modeling and Simulation Community
- Showcase and exchange ideas, methods and solutions in VVUQ from diverse industries.
- Meet and interact with V&V specialists from leading international organizations.
- Come early for a deeper dive and attend one of the VVUQ seminars running May 1-2, 2017.
- Focus on your technical interest – technical tracks include advanced manufacturing (additive and subtractive, including application of VVUQ to predictive and hybrid models), aerospace, applied mechanics, bioengineering, defense applications, oil & gas and other energy systems applications, robotics, medical devices, nanotechnology, and nuclear engineering, and others.
Who Should Attend?
- Computational scientists and engineers
- Software developers
V&V Standards Committee Meetings
ASME V&V Standards Committee
Creating best practices, general guidance and a common language for V&V for Computational Modeling and Simulation, with application-specific V&V guidance documents. Attend ASME V&V Standards committee meetings, which are free and open to the public.
Tuesday, May 2, 8:00am-5:00pm
- V&V 10 V&V in Computational Solid Mechanics
- V&V 20 V&V in Computational Fluid Dynamics and Heat Transfer
- V&V 30 V&V in Computational Simulation of Nuclear System Thermal Fluids Behavior
- V&V 40 V&V in Computational Modeling of Medical Devices (tentative)
- NEW V&V 60 – V&V in Oil & Gas and Energy Systems Applications (tentative)
Wednesday, May 3, 6:30pm-7:30pm
- Open session: Overview of the work of all V&V Standards Committees, followed by a reception.
Thursday, May 4, 6:00pm-9:00 pm and Friday, May 5, 1:00pm-5:00pm
- V&V 50 V&V of Computational Modeling of Advanced Manufacturing (UL staff are participating on this committee)
V&V 50 V&V of Computational Modeling for Advanced Manufacturing
Charter: To provide procedures for verification, validation, and uncertainty quantification in modeling and computational simulation for advanced manufacturing.
- UL staff are participating on this committee, along with other members from industry (e.g. Boeing, Zimmer Biomet, Rolls Royce, Bosch LLC); research (GE Global Research, SwRI); academia (MIT, Vanderbilt, Purdue) and government (NIST, DOE, AFRL)
- 5 working groups have been formed to explore various topics:
- Terminology, Concepts, Relationships and Taxonomy for VVUQ in Advanced Manufacturing.
- V&V Interactions with the Model Life Cycle
- VVUQ Challenges and Methods in Systems of Models
- VVUQ Applications in Process Technologies
- VVUQ Methods in Data-driven and Hybrid models
- There will be a dedicated technical session at the V&V Symposium on updates of the work of these V&V 50 working groups.