September 11, 2015
The British Standards Institution (BSI) has published BS EN 62115: 2005 +A12:2015, updating the following safety requirements for electric toys.
- Clarification of acceptable independent movements to remove battery cover
- Requirements for toys intended to be used in water
- Requirements for protective electronic circuits
- Requirements for instructions
- Requirements for connectors (jack plugs, USB plugs, etc.)
New requirements for toys with an integrated field source are also included.
Implementation date is July 9, 2015 and conflicting standards will be withdrawn by June 3, 2017.