NEC 2023 AV ICT Impact 2023-09-25
IEC 62368-1 testing and certification services
Safety standards for Audio/Visual and Information Technology Equipment (ITE) products moved away from a prescriptive approach to a hazard safety approach with the introduction of IEC 62368-1. This hazard-based standard offers greater flexibility in product design and makes it easier to introduce new technology.
Currently, the requirements for IEC 62368-1 continue to evolve, and various countries around the globe are transitioning to the fourth edition of the standard.
62368-1 covers a wide range of technology products, including:
- Computing and networking products: servers, PCs, routers, notebook/laptop computers, tablets and their power supplies
- Consumer electronics: amplifiers, home theater systems, digital cameras and personal music players
- Displays and display units: monitors, TVs and digital projectors
- Telecommunication products: network infrastructure equipment, cordless and mobile phones, and similar communication devices, including battery-powered devices
- Office appliances: copiers and document shredders
- Similar varieties of audio/video, information and communication technology equipment: devices used in homes, schools, data processing centers, commercial and professional environments
UL Solutions, a global safety science leader, can help you understand the requirements of IEC 62368-1 as they apply to your target markets and offerings, test and certify your products for the latest 62368-1 edition.
IEC 62368 resources
UL Solutions service page is a comprehensive resource that includes:
- Notifications on latest updates to 62368-1
- Access to webinars/webcasts
- Q&A section
- And more
In the near future the 62368 Knowledge Hub content will be merged with this service page. You will automatically be redirected to this site should you login to the hub. Future updates on the hub will be posted here.
Advantages of partnering with UL Solutions for IEC 62368-1 testing and certification
UL Solutions is active in IEC TC108, the IEC technical committee responsible for standards for safety of electronic equipment within AV, information technology and communication technology. This provides our engineers with insights into the latest developments associated with IEC 62368-1 and a solid understanding of the principles on which these standards are built.
A hazard-based safety standard focuses on identifying and mitigating risks, rather than providing prescriptive, product‑dependent requirements. UL Solutions’ safety and regulatory expertise spans multiple industries around the globe, making us your partner of choice for meeting the requirements of a hazard-based safety standard and efficiently bringing your products to the world market.
IEC 62368-1: Ask the Engineers, Question-and-Answer Page
Get the facts about successful IEC 62368-1 compliance from UL Solutions experts.
IEC 62368-1 4th Edition Interactive Course
Gain expertise to design to and comply with the latest requirements associated with IEC 62368-1. Our comprehensive course comprised of two separate training modules: an eLearning component and the instructor-led session. The eLearning component covers the basics of the standard. The instructor-led session digs deeper into the detailed technical content and features progressive knowledge checks and engaging interactions to help learners reinforce and apply the new concepts.
62368-1 Ed 3 UL Analysis 2021-10-22.pdf
60950 22 62368-1 Roadmap 2020-06-01.pdf
62368-3 Backgrounder 2021-05-17.pdf
Movement toward IEC 62368-1 2018 standard in Europe.pdf
NEC 2017 AV ICT Impact 2019-03-18 update.pdf
NEC 2020 AV ICT Impact Ext 2020-05-13.pdf
UL Position Statement EU components 4.1.1 2020-11-10.pdf