Learn more about the new requirements in IEC 62368-1 3rd Edition, the emerging safety standard for audio/video (AV) and information and communication technology (ICT) equipment.
In this webinar, UL introduces the latest updates on changing requirements to help customers transition from IEC 60065 and IEC 60950-1 to this new hazard-based standard.
Some of the changes in this edition include:
- New requirements for outdoor equipment
- New requirements for optical radiation
- New requirements for wireless power transmitters
- New requirements for work cells
- New requirements for fully insulated winding wire (FIW)
- An alternative method for clearances similar to IEC 60950-1
- An alternative method for determination of top, bottom and side openings for fire enclosures
- Alternative requirements for sound pressure
- Additional requirements for DC power transfer through communication cables or ports