We can assess fiber optic products for performance and reliability to any UL Standard, published industry standard or to your company’s proprietary specifications. The common published specifications include:
- GR-20 Generic Requirements for Optical Fiber and Optical Fiber Cable
- GR-326 Generic Requirements for Singlemode Optical Connectors and Jumper Assemblies
- GR-409 Generic Requirements for Premises Fiber Optic Cable
- IEC 60794-2-20 Optical Fiber Cables – Part-2-20 Indoor Cables – Family specification for multi-fiber optical cables
- IEC 60794-3-11 Optical Fiber Cables – Part 3-11 Outdoor Cables – Product specification for duct, directly buried, and lashed aerial cables single-mode optical fiber telecommunications cable
- IEC 61753-021-3 Fiber optic interconnecting devices and passive components Performance standard – single-mode fiber optic connectors for Category U – Uncontrolled environment
The program enhances market acceptance with our well-proven Performance Verification Mark. It can reduce time and cost by integrating your fiber optic performance testing submittal with any UL Safety or Network Equipment Building System (NEBS) testing needs. Of equal importance, products bearing the Mark have undergone the most stringent testing and follow-up inspection programs in the fiber optics industry, which together with our anti-counterfeiting program help ensure compliance and reduce liability and risk to all stakeholders in the supply chain.
- Our compliance system helps ensure compliance and reduce liability and risk across the entire supply chain.
- Our Follow-up Services (FUS) program helps manufacturers gain a competitive edge based on quality, reputation and service, making it more difficult for manufacturers that produce counterfeit or inferior products to survive.
- Our long-standing history in certification and standards development makes us a trusted thought leader in the compliance arena. Stakeholders rely on us for research, knowledge and technical solutions to address safety issues and advise on new technologies.
- Comprehensive factory and market surveillance programs help to ensure a more compliant supply chain, fair competition in the marketplace, and reduce the risk and costs associated with unsafe products while helping to protect brand reputation and the integrity of the UL Mark.
- Our anti-counterfeiting program leverages law enforcement expertise with a fully dedicated Global Security and Brand Protection team who work with authorities and global customs agencies combatting counterfeiting.
- The use of the holographic label system sets us apart by establishing a unique identifier for customs, regulators, buyers, retailers and consumers.
- Some product categories have the option for an additional on-demand promotional opportunity to include a direct link to your company website, product page, brochure, data sheet or flyer through UL iQTM databases.
- We offer global testing and certification solutions for acceptance in North America, Latin America, Europe, Middle East and Asia. We ranked second in terms of the number of CB certificates issued worldwide.
- We continue to extend our capabilities and services to meet your increasing needs. Our goal is to help you rapidly develop and launch safer, superior products and meet the shifting requirements of a changing world.