As the 4K display technology evolves and becomes more widely accepted in the marketplace, there is growing concern among brand owners, installers, retailers and end-users about the cable’s connecting devices. This is due to a lack of objective guidelines and standards for buyers to reference in selecting and purchasing cable products.These inadequacies have led to major problems. Fortunately, UL has a solution.
We’ve developed a performance Verification program to help mitigate the effects of substandard, counterfeit and self-declared compliant high-speed cables in the supply chain. Our program offers an independent, third-party assessment of compliance with transmission performance requirements of 4K high-speed interface cables. The assessment involves initial qualification testing of these products, as well as ongoing compliance testing via factory and marketplace sampling.
This is a comprehensive program to help end users, retailers, installers and brand owners buy quality products with confidence. Our program uses sophisticated electrical performance tests to verify the integrity of the cable’s high-speed signal transmission and deploys follow-up surveillance programs to help ensure continued compliance with our standards. Even more so, our anti-counterfeiting program and holographic label system sets us apart by establishing a unique identifier for anyone looking to buy a tested and verified 4K high-speed interface cable.
- Our compliance system helps ensure compliance and reduce liability and risk across the entire supply chain.
- UL’s Follow-up Services helps manufacturers gain a competitive edge based on quality, reputation and service, making it more difficult for manufacturers that produce counterfeit or inferior products to survive.
- Our long-standing history in certification and standards development makes us a trusted thought leader in the compliance arena. Stakeholders rely on us for research, knowledge and technical solutions to address safety issues and advise on new technologies.
- Comprehensive factory and market surveillance programs help ensure a more compliant supply chain and reduce the risk and costs associated with sub-standard and unsafe products. This work helps protect brand reputation and the integrity of the UL Mark.
- Our fully dedicated Global Security and Brand Protection team works with authorities and global customs agencies on anti-counterfeiting measures.
- The use of the holographic label system sets us apart by establishing a unique identifier for customs, regulators, buyers, retailers and consumers.
- Some product categories have the option for an additional on-demand promotional opportunity to include a direct link to your company website, product page, brochure, data sheet or flyer through UL iQ™ databases.
- We offer global testing and certification solutions for acceptance in North America, Latin America, Europe, Middle East and Asia.
- We continue to evolve our capabilities and services to meet your increasing needs. Our goal is to help you rapidly develop and launch safer, superior products and meet the shifting requirements of a changing world.