Overview of transmitter (Tx) and receiver (Rx) product testing
One of the biggest challenges when it comes to designing and manufacturing Internet of Things (IoT)-enabled products is that there are no set regulations or guidelines that focus solely on interoperability of a host and devices with high speed data connectivity. With a lack of clear standards addressing interoperability, each individual manufacturer must manage risk assessment, testing and action for transmitter (Tx) and receiver (Rx) products. To address these risks and help ensure the interoperability of connected devices, manufacturers will need to verify the device under test (DUT) can support a variety of brands, devices and operating systems.
UL Solutions’ turnkey solutions for interoperability testing
UL Solutions provides comprehensive transmitter (Tx) and receiver (Rx) testing and product evaluation services for connectors, cable assemblies, chargers, hosts, devices and other products that support various high speed data connectivity technologies. The turnkey solutions for interoperability testing challenges include:
- MHL technologies
The turnkey solution is a joint initiative between UL Solutions and Integrated Service Technology (iST). This initiative includes product testing, debugging and pretesting services to the respective industry specifications. Through this cooperation, UL Solutions can qualify manufacturers or brand owners to display the logos of respective industry specification on their products.
UL Solutions offers a comprehensive and customized signal testing platform to meet global testing and certification needs. Global 3C brand owners as well as Internet of Vehicle (IoV) developers benefit from a broad range of solutions that encompass safety, performance and
compliance, with coverage from integrated circuit (IC) design of signal transmission source, through the system to end products.
Benefits of Tx and Rx product testing and verification
This program addresses the growing concern of safety, performance and compliance to meet interoperability challenges. The test plan is geared to specific applications, helping to reduce redundant testing and accelerate time to market. It also supports customers’ global manufacturing and procurement footprints.
Why UL Solutions
- Our compliance system helps ensure compliance and reduce liability and risk across the entire supply chain.
- UL Solutions’ Follow-up Services helps manufacturers gain a competitive edge based on quality, reputation and service, making it more difficult for manufacturers that produce counterfeit or inferior products to survive.
- Our long-standing history in certification and standards development makes us a trusted thought leader in the compliance arena. Stakeholders rely on us for research, knowledge and technical solutions to address safety issues and advise on new technologies.
- Comprehensive factory and market surveillance programs help ensure a more compliant supply chain and reduce the risk and costs associated with sub-standard and unsafe products. This work helps protect brand reputation and the integrity of the UL Mark.
- Our fully dedicated Global Security and Brand Protection team works with authorities and global customs agencies on anti-counterfeiting measures.
- The use of the holographic label system sets us apart by establishing a unique identifier for customs, regulators, buyers, retailers and consumers.
- Some product categories have the option for an additional on-demand promotional opportunity to include a direct link to your company website, product page, brochure, data sheet or flyer through UL iQ™ databases.
- We offer global testing and certification solutions for acceptance in North America, Latin America, Europe, Middle East and Asia.
- We continue to evolve our capabilities and services to meet your increasing needs. Our goal is to help you rapidly develop and launch safer, superior products and meet the shifting requirements of a changing world.