March 30, 2020
Our 2019 Annual Report
The last year of the decade was a transformative one for UL. We helped our customers to transform innovative ideas into amazing new products and services. We collaborated with leaders across the globe to help make the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place. We experienced historic leadership changes and achieved growth through acquisitions, laboratory openings and expansions around the world.
Our 2019 Annual Report tells these stories and more. Some of the highlights include
- A new nanofiber textile that protects people in the most extreme conditions, which achieved the first UL Verification Mark for performance textiles.
- How we help to ensure automotive technology can withstand the toughest road conditions.
- Developing a process to help the jewelry industry identify lab-grown diamonds and separate them from natural ones.
- Working to strengthen security across the IoT, from huge payment networks to the smallest consumer device.
- Helping the legal cannabis and cannabidiol (CBD) industries in their efforts to reduce risks.
- Our mobile lab in New Delhi, which helps solar power plants to limit downtime and operate more efficiently.
- Helping safety keep pace with innovation as 3D building construction moves from concept to viable option.
Our own stories are just as compelling. In 2019, we:
- Made significant progress in integrating sustainable practices into our business.
- Became a Signatory of the United Nations Global Compact.
- Committed to contributing toward and aligning with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
- Said goodbye to Keith Williams and welcomed Jennifer Scanlon as our new president and chief executive officer.
We invite you to explore our 2019 Annual Report. As always, our success is linked to your success. Working together we can create new ways to innovate responsibility and shape a future that will benefit everyone.