The California Office of Administrative Law has approved the adoption of Section 25205, Lead Agency Website to Title 27, Article 2, of the California Code of Regulations. This regulation establishes a framework for a website operated by the Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment (OEHHA) that will provide supplemental information to the public about warnings they receive for exposures to Proposition 65 listed chemicals
The regulation requires a manufacturer, producer, distributor or importer of a product that displays a Prop 65 warning to provide the following for the development of content of this website:
- Name of the listed chemical(s) for which warning is given
- Location of the chemical(s) in products that require warning under Prop 65
- Concentration of the chemical(s) in these final products
- Anticipated routes or pathways of exposure to listed chemicals
- Estimated levels of exposure to the chemical(s)
It has also included protections for information designated as trade secret.
This regulation will take effect on April 1, 2016.