Taiwan’s Ministry of Health and Welfare (MoHW) has announced the government’s revision of the Cosmetics Safety Law to align it with international regulations and practices.
The changes include the following, among others:
- Renaming of the regulation to “Cosmetic Health and Safety Management Act"
- Update on the definition of cosmetics, cosmetic industry, product information files and cosmetic ingredients
- Permission for cosmetics firms to register launches or new imports through product information file submissions
- Update on the labeling requirements
- Alignment of the manufacturing with cosmetic good manufacturing practices (CGMP)
The changes were announced on September 8, 2016. It has been forwarded to Parliament for review.