KOREA ̶ The Ministry of Environment (Chemicals Policy Division) of Korea has issued a revised draft for chemical substances. The draft is released through Revised Enforcement Decree of the Act on Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH).
The main proposed revisions include:
- Name of Law: Enforcement Rules of the Act on Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals
- Simplification of the application dossiers for confirming the exemption from registration for chemical substances for research and development
- Provision for wider time gap between each confirmation of the exemption from registration for chemical substances as reagent
- Enhancement of the methods of designating a lead registrant for joint registration
- Improvement on the procedures and methods that a person appointed by overseas manufacturer/producer uses to submit a report
The draft revision is open for public consultation through October 4, 2015. The proposed date of adoption and enforcement is October 31, 2015.