December 14, 2016
Israel’s Ministry of Economy and Industry has notified the World Trade Organization (WTO) on its ‘Protection of public health regulations (food) (import of regular food) 5776-2016.’
The notified document specifies the facilitation of import procedures of imported food. It follows the new "Protection of public health law (Food) 5776-2015" that was enforced on September 30, 2016.
It covers the following, as stated in the notification:
- Chapter A: Definitions
- Chapter B: General – Obligation to label food on delivery and documentations
- Chapter C: Declaration for regular food import – Submission, announcement of a change and payment of the relevant fee
- Chapter D: Arrangement of the release of regular food from quarantine – submission of an importer's request, submission of a customs agent's request, payment of the relevant fee, delivery examination and submission of documentation
- Chapter E: Bank guarantee
- Chapter F: Keeping documentation
- Chapter G: Different provisions – Entry in force, scope and transition period
They will take effect when published in Israel's Official Gazette, except for regulations 4(e), 9(b) and 10(b), which will be implemented on January 1, 2017.
Comments may be submitted until January 14, 2017.
Source URL: G/TBT/N/ISR/936