The International Organization for Standardization (ISO) has announced the revision of ISO 22000 specific to food safety management. ISO will base their revisions on the feedback received on a consultation held last year.
The following are the proposed revisions:
- Clarification on certain key concepts, especially critical control points required to be managed, operational programs needed, approach to risks, product withdrawal and recall, and a combination of external control measures
- Update terms and definitions
- Make the standard simpler and more concise
- Avoid making the content too prescriptive
- Ensure a greater coverage of SMEs
The plan to revise the standard will be resumed in mid-October while the publication of the standard is set for 2017.