May 20, 2015
The International Organization for Standardization (ISO) has announced the revision of ISO 22000 specific to food safety management. ISO will base their revisions on the feedback received on a consultation held last year.
The following are the proposed revisions:
- Clarification on certain key concepts, especially critical control points required to be managed, operational programs needed, approach to risks, product withdrawal and recall, and a combination of external control measures
- Update terms and definitions
- Make the standard simpler and more concise
- Avoid making the content too prescriptive
- Ensure a greater coverage of SMEs
The plan to revise the standard will be resumed in mid-October while the publication of the standard is set for 2017.