June 11, 2019
In the past, accelerated life testing and end-of-line tests were suitable validation benchmarks for ensuring reliable appliances were being put into the marketplace. A power supply, motor load and switches were the control systems behind decades of appliance design. Today, embedded systems with software enable the innovations and features that the marketplace is expecting of new appliances. The challenges of ensuring today’s appliances meet market demands for innovation, reliability as well as appropriate market requirements can be overwhelming.
UL’s Embedded Systems Design Partner services help you tackle those challenges and increase confidence that your innovation won’t be a barrier for market access. Our subject matter experts provide anything from ad hoc assistance of implementing embedded system design robustness in your new product development process to formal gap analysis and auditing of your software validation activities. We can help your architecture and features align with market requirements, which can help prevent delays and barriers to project launches. Whether provided though quick phone calls, sit down workshops, auditing or training engagements, our experts provide you with knowledge and assessments that are as formal or as informal you want. These services can be provided independently of product certification or bundled as a complimentary service
Examples of UL’s Embedded Systems Design Partner services include:
- A “health check” of your new product development of appliances with embedded systems
- Risk analysis exercises specific to your existing and future appliance features
- Connected Technologies discussion
- Requirement traceability auditing
- Software Quality Assurance services
- Regulatory and compliance questions
- Workshops, training, gap analysis or other services to suit your needs, customized for your engagements
For more information on the Embedded System Designs, contact us at [email protected].