March 16, 2015
The government of Hong Kong has published the Toys and Children's Products Safety Ordinance, Amendment of Schedules 1 and 2, Notice 2015 that updates the safety standards for toys and some children’s products in compliance of the Toys and Children's Products Safety Ordinance (Cap. 424).
The notice states that a person must not manufacture, import or supply toys or Schedule 2 children’s products unless they comply with all the applicable requirements contained in any one of the safety standards specified in Schedules 1 and 2 respectively to the Ordinance. The products listed in Schedule 2 are:
- Babies’ dummies
- Bunk beds for domestic use
- Child safety barriers for domestic use
- Children’s cots for domestic use
- Children’s high chairs and multi-purpose high chairs for domestic use
- Children’s paints
- Playpens for domestic use
- Wheeled child conveyances
- This Notice shall come into operation October 1, 2015.