September 11, 2020
Building Envelope Testing Methods Help to Achieve Code Compliance for Performance and the Health and Safety of Occupants
Form versus function: the proper function of windows and doors is a critical aspect of building envelope performance to consider.
Mastic and Intumescent Coatings
The passive fire protection of a building provides a compartment for containing fire and smoke. These systems help protect firefighters and emergency responders during emergency operations by maintaining the structural integrity of the building during a fire event.
Field Evaluations — Standards NFPA 790 and NFPA 791
When equipment is modified, rebuilt, or installed without a listing, a field inspection will help determine if the product still meets safety requirements.
The New Movement in UL Firestop Certification Programs
While it may be common for elements of building construction to shift during the various phases of a building’s lifespan, does this movement negatively affect the firestop system’s ability to serve its intended fire protective function?
PV Rapid Shutdown: Safety Requirements and Communication
This UL white paper identifies key updates and revisions to requirements for PV rapid shutdown systems and explores the future state of communication systems under UL 1741.
Q&A: Wood and Steel Joists for use in horizontal UL Fire Resistance Designs
There are many UL fire resistance designs featuring the use of wood or steel trusses and joists. These assemblies provide many options for building a horizontal assembly and determining if a joist or truss is appropriate for a specified use can be challenging.
Webinars of interest
Enjoy the following previously recorded events at your convenience:
- Webinar 3: 9/16 – Firefighter PPE: How Clean is Clean?
- Webinar 4: 9/23 – Smoke Alarms and Carbon Monoxide Alarms: Changing Requirements and Public Safety Messaging
- Webinar 5: 9/30 – Emergency Communications System: Supporting Critical Fireground Communications
- Webinar 6: 10/7 – Passive Fire Protection: Fire Containment
- Webinar 7: 10/14 – Tall Timber Buildings: The U.S. Approach
- Webinar 8: 10/21 – Flammable Refrigerants: Environmental Safety Versus Fire Safety
9/28 - 9/29 – Mighty Buildings is hosting a Virtual Demo Week
Learn how industry leaders are transforming the construction industry with 3D printing, robotics, and automation.
- 9/28 at 1:30 pm PST – Mighty Buildings Certification Roadmap with Howard Hopper from UL
Visit the UL public education webpage for fire safety messaging to enhance your community outreach programs.
Stay up-to-date with compliance industry news and trends
Subscribe today and we'll provide you with quarterly updates on:
- Important regulatory changes
- Industry trends and best practices
- Research, articles, and more