Chemical Inspection and Regulation Service (CIRS) has noted several details on the Food Safety Law Implementation Regulation (Draft) which are specific to health food.
Highlights include the following, among others:
- Article 31: Manufacturers who produce and distribute the health food premix or extract shall apply for the Production License concerning health food
- Article 80: Health food can only claim the registered health function
- Article 85: The factory shall be on dynamic production state when the inspection agency comes for on-site inspection, and the samples for the test shall be taken on-site
- Article 91: There should be counter or area for the selling of health food
- Article 97: For the same enterprise, it is forbidden to register or file different brands products with the same formula; it is forbidden to register or file different formulas with the same product name
- Article 119: Food that only produced with health food raw materials is not allowed to import in the name of Non-health food
- Article 121: Foods imported by Cross-Border E-commerce (CBEC) shall be compliant with Food Safety Law and the relevant regulations for imported food in this Implementation Regulation.
The draft was published on October 19, 2016.