December 13, 2016
Chemical Inspection and Regulation Service (CIRS) has noted several details on the Food Safety Law Implementation Regulation (Draft) which are specific to health food.
Highlights include the following, among others:
- Article 31: Manufacturers who produce and distribute the health food premix or extract shall apply for the Production License concerning health food
- Article 80: Health food can only claim the registered health function
- Article 85: The factory shall be on dynamic production state when the inspection agency comes for on-site inspection, and the samples for the test shall be taken on-site
- Article 91: There should be counter or area for the selling of health food
- Article 97: For the same enterprise, it is forbidden to register or file different brands products with the same formula; it is forbidden to register or file different formulas with the same product name
- Article 119: Food that only produced with health food raw materials is not allowed to import in the name of Non-health food
- Article 121: Foods imported by Cross-Border E-commerce (CBEC) shall be compliant with Food Safety Law and the relevant regulations for imported food in this Implementation Regulation.
The draft was published on October 19, 2016.