October 10, 2018
By: Daniel Chen, Greater China Program Manager
The applicable EMC standards for Lighting CCC Approvals, GB/T17743-2017: Limits and methods of measurement of radio disturbance characteristics of electrical lighting and similar equipment (IDT CISPR 15:2015), was officially released on December 29, 2017, with an effective date of July 1, 2018. This replaces the previous edition: GB/T 17743-2007.
- Starting from the effective date of July 1, 2018, GB/T 17743-2017 officially started to replace GB/T 17743-2007
- There are differences between GB/T 17743-2007 and GB/T 17743-2017. There is no deadline for certificates already issued to be updated. The new standard will be used when the following conditions are met:
- New applications with full testing
- Modification applications with test items related to the standard differences
- EMC tests per GB/T 17743-2017 are required to issue of new certificates.
- For applications using existing certification results to expand, the applicant may select the certificates directly issued per the old standard (GB/T 17743-2007) or the certificates issued after the tests per the new standard (GB/T17743-2017).
- The follow-up factory inspections will be conducted according to the standard information indicated on the certificates.
How UL can help
With the strong relationship with Designated Certification Organizations and Designated Testing Organizations for CCC Scheme, and over 15 years of experience handling CCC agency services, UL provides a one-stop solution for testing and agency services for lighting customers to access the China market.