December 1, 2020
By Daniela Tejeda, regulatory program expert
On Aug. 6, 2020, the Chilean Ministry of Energy issued Resolution No. 10/2020. This resolution sets the following minimum energy efficiency values for the upcoming years:
|Minimum Value||Established period|
|40 lm/W||From Jan. 1, 2021|
|70 lm/W||From Jan. 1, 2023|
|85 lm/W||From Jan. 1, 2025|
- Starting on Jan. 1, 2021, products that have an energy efficiency lower than 40 Im/W cannot be sold in Chile.
- Starting on Jan. 1, 2023, products that have an energy efficiency lower than 70 Im/W cannot be sold in Chile.
- Starting on Jan. 1, 2025, products that have an energy efficiency lower than 85 Im/W cannot be sold in Chile.
Products falling into this resolution:
- Incandescent tungsten filament lamps for domestic use and general lighting, with a nominal power between 25 W and 200 W
- Lamps with built-in ballast (CFL) for general lighting, with a nominal power of up to 60 W and a nominal voltage between 100 V and 250 V
- Double-capped fluorescent lamps for general lighting, in accordance with the scope and field of application of the IEC 60081.
Note: Except from this requirement, lamps with a length that exceeds 1,200 mm and lamps whose nominal power is greater than 40 W
- Single capped fluorescent lamp for general lighting, according to the scope and field of application of the IEC 60901
- Tungsten halogen lamps with single cap and double cap, for domestic use and similar purposes for general lighting, with a nominal voltage of up to 250 V
- Incandescent tungsten halogen lamps (non-vehicular) with the following characteristics: That they are powered with a voltage of up to 250 V and with dichroic reflector
- LED lamps with incorporated ballast, with the following characteristics: For domestic use and similar general lighting purposes; Nominal voltage up to 60 W; Sockets B15d, B22d, E11, E12, E14, E17, E26, E27, GU10, GZ10 and GX53. These include LED lamps with filaments that emulate incandescent bulbs, as well as those that work with devices to vary their light intensity, according to IEC 62612: 2018-08.