June 24, 2020
ANATEL published requirements for the approval of products that operate with 5G technology.
On June 12, 2020, ANATEL published the technical requirements for the certification of equipment for mobile phone providers and access stations that use 5G networks
These technical requirements establish the parameters and technical criteria verified in the evaluation of conformity of the product for telecommunications.
The technical requirements came into effect on the date of publication through the following Acts:
- Act no. 3151/2020 – Technical requirements for conformity assessment of Access Terminal Station (ETA);
- Act no. 3152/2020 – Technical requirements for conformity assessment of Cellphone; and
- Act no. 3153/2020 – Technical requirements for conformity assessment of Transceiver for Radio Base Station (ERB).
From a technical perspective, the approved requirements provide operators with the possibility of one of the network architectures listed below:
- Standalone (SA) mode: the network is completely 5G. Both the radio interfaces and the network core operate according to specifications defined for the 5G NR (New Radio);
- Non-Standalone Mode (NSA): the network mixes functionalities between 4G and 5G. The core of the network has 4G technology and the radio interfaces can be 4G or 5G.
With the network architecture possibilities defined, manufacturers have the necessary parameters for the definition of the devices that will be used in future 5G networks.
Contact us to learn how UL can help you launch your 5G products into the global market in confidence.